Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 51-52 That Nutty Diet

So had an interesting couple days.  Well hasn't been really busy at work so have been able to get to gym on the lunch break which is great because my strength is at its peak and I can really blast a great workout in and also do it fast and hard because of the time restriction.  Found the push ups with the bars hard in the beginning but I guess the muscles get the blood going and the next few sets are easier until the last when exhaustion hits?  hard to easier to exhaustion....

Anywho,  after work yesterday I decided to go play volleyball at the american club with a buddy and the night didn't go as planned.  I knew better though as the guys that he plays with are typical soccer dad types.  While I am competitive I don't get carried away to the point where I take away from the fun and relaxation of others.  I mean heck with what we do 10-12 hours a day the last thing I need after work is to deal with some butt head trying to relive, as Bruce the boss would say, his glory days!  And heck after all is said and done volleyball?   It was a gym class that we used to do because we could hang and play with the chics!   So anyway me and 2 soccer dads vs my buddy and one other guy.  9:15 I'm tired and hungry and I have some shmuck not once not twice not even 3 times giving me a hard time...no this shmuck 4 times busting my volley BALLS about where I'm standing who I set to calling the ball...you get the picture.  Had enough so told the 2 wanna be Pepperdine and UCLA volleyball wanna be water boys I had enough got my coat and walk off.  Now hang on this has an interesting ending.....  Anyway the next day does  my very close friend the next day say hey man sorry yeah those guys get a bit carried away and take it a bit too seriously?  Nooooooo....he tells me that I used to have a thick skin. ( Why I need a thick skin on my personal time who knows...I usually wear it between 7 and 7 for the office and like to take it off and relax outside the office) so here is the punch line.

Instead of my buddy saying yeah those guys take it a bit too seriously he berates me and tells me that I am much too sensitive since being on "MY NUTTY DIET".

Really pissed me off because I think he would be happier if I were still a fat 240 lb katsu curry eating beer drinking slob,,,,

I tell him

1.   Its not a diet its a change in lifestyle that I am working at very hard.  It is again not a diet we eat well, exercise hard and sleep hard!

2.  I don't appreciate him knocking something that he knows is good for me.  ( He has made silly comments before)

He is very overweight as I was and when we all decided to do this I encouraged him to join us as it would be a positive experience and be a super positive experience for him improving his health important no?  40 with a family and a good 40 lbs overweight not good.  He declined foolishly but I am gonna keep on him and maybe he'll come around. Maybe we can do PCP 180! or PCP360 and give out belts like the karate dudes! Imagine me a PCP 3600!!!  almost 10 years ripped like a mo fo!

So my Nutty diet...this coming from someone that did Atkins once no exercise...ate seaweed soup for 2 weeks to reach a weight goal...again no exercise..and put it all back on.  I know this program works.  Its easy to see why!  Balance.  Dinners are a bit funny but if you load our diets and exercise into something like calorie counter you will see that all the body's nutritional need are met.  Wonder if Atkins or the seaweed soup diet would get the same results.

.hmmm guess he liked me better when I was pounding 4-5 pints babbling like a buffoon fat and always exhausted not to mention embarrassed because of my crappy condition!   I think Patrick spoke about these kinds of things happening.   Whatever though!  I fit into my 36 kackis for the first time in 3 years after being at 40 waist!  Fully committed more than ever to keep this change even after the 90th day!  I am mentally sharper, more energetic a better dad and husband period!    ........Soccer dads of the world take a pill and chill.

.....Nutty Diet my ass.....NI-Mixed-Nuts.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Hell yeah Jimbo. I love the fire.

    You're doing this for you, not for anybody else and it is working! Have you compared your latest pictures to day 1 recently? Holy cow. More nutty diet for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick said this would happen! That dude is threatened by your positive changes because it highlights the fact that he's stuck in his own personal RUT. So he lashes out at you.

    Surround yourself with the positive people until the end. The true friends will be elated to see how your lifestyle changes have affected you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely has more to do with HIM than you. The irony is as you say, that to step away from a stressful, unfun situation is actually the far healthier thing to do. To "tough it out" with your "thick skin" is actually the way of the weak man.

    I know how these things can get under your skin, but sharing like this helps and continuing down the path and down the pants sizes will shut everyone up!

    ReplyDelete